GENERAL PRODUCT CARE
All Leah Kertesz Jewellery is handmade using natural semi-precious stones, and metals such as 92.5 Sterling silver and gold plated base metals. Sterling silver and gold plated jewellery will tarnish over time. With proper care, your precious metal will retain its beauty and lustre for many years to come.
- Avoid contact with all liquids and chemicals, such as perfume, sea water, chlorine & sweat. Contact with these substances will increase that rate at which tarnishing occurs.
- Ensure your jewellery is not exposed to humidity and is not stored in direct sunlight.
- Stones may get dirty or dusty over time and can be polished using a dry cloth. Some theories believe in soaking the natural stones in water to cleanse the energy, however we do not recommend this as the water will effect the tiger tail wiring, string, cotton or elastic and will further damage your piece.
- Some stones are soft and may be more susceptible to chipping if mishandled or worn roughly.
- To ensure your earrings do not fall out, please gently squeeze the earring hooks together once they are in the ear so that they are secure.
UNDERSTANDING WHY METALS TARNISH
When silver and gold are exposed to air and the atmosphere, it causes a chemical reaction that creates something called Silver Sulphate. This sulphur creates the darkening referred to as tarnishing. Silver is a metal that reacts to chemicals, whether it is the air, or chemicals touching it, so best to avoid them. The good thing is it’s easy to buff and clean silver. It doesn’t take much to polish up a ring with a polishing cloth. Just a couple of minutes and your silver jewellery will look new again.
STORING YOUR JEWELLERY
Keep it Clean! We supply all customers with a Leah Kertesz jewellery pouches to protect your jewellery. In addition we recommend storing the larger necklace in a way that does not bend or compromise the wiring and if stored folded or bent the tiger tail wire is known to cerate and snap against the facet cut of the stones. We recommend storing your jewellery in a cool, dry place, preferably hung so that the wire or thread does not break.